To Live Each Day As If It Were Your Last

Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Here We Go

Carpe Diem. To live each day as if it were your last.

In my experience, however legitimate that quantity may seem to you, I have home to realize the the moments when i could have taken an opportunity yet didn't are the ones I regret most. And although spontaneity seems to be evaporating in our world, where days are run by clocks and schedules, it's importance cannot be overlooked.

We have to take chances so that we don't forget we have them. We have to step outside the lines so that our lives don't become boxes built by rules. Jump! Simply so that you can have a second of in-between space, that which resides between the ground and sky.

It's too easy to let the rules define us. Too easy to forget that we don't HAVE to get stuck between appointments and schedules and have-to's and should-have's. Take a breath every now and then. loose yourself in the space between clock hands. Where time stands still, so that it's impossible to waste any. Carpe diem: live each day as if it were your last.

I take chances to see if I can find my way back. And if a can't, then maybe I'm better off somewhere else. Maybe whatever it was that I was so afraid of loosing wasn't really that great after all. From now on, I think I'll do the "un-planned." I think I'll take the leap of faith rather than wait for the thrill to find me. And if my jump only results with me falling on my face, at least I won't be left wondering what might have happened. I'd rather experience life, than live inside a box of conformity because I was too afraid to step outside. Wouldn't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment