To Live Each Day As If It Were Your Last

Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

14 Hours In Counting

Hello all, whoever that may be.
Okay. It is wednesday night at 11:20. Tomorrow i have an advising meeting with my college counselor at 8:30 a.m. directly followed by continuous classes until 1:30 when i take what may be the hardest french exam yet of the semester. And although i am fully aware that ALL i should be doing right now is studying, this night has been filled with way too many distractions!

First of all, the men's half pipe snowboarding event was on for the olympics tonight, and that was just utterly unavoidable in terms of my attention. How can you deny Sean White?? Also, the ins and outs of french vocab seem completely boring when you could be watching the very first Harry Potter movie on the student library channel. Yet again, another distraction. And finally, the most recent development in my life. I have been chatting with a friend who has recently become slightly more than that. I am not going to disclose any names, seeing as privacy is crucial... and let's be honest, sometimes secrets are too fun to give up. However, despite the disclosure, this "friend" is capturing quite a bit of my attention and, yet again, providing ANOTHER cause for distraction in my studying process. But I can't deny that I'm enjoying it.

All in all, I have come to terms with the fact that (one) there may in fact be no one who ever reads this blog, (two) it is highly likely that my alarm clock will be thrown across my room tomorrow morning, and (three) this night has been filled with far too many wonderful distractions.

For all you readers out there, I have an experiment for you. Tomorrow, at some point or another, try to let AS MANY distractions as you can come your way. See if they take you somewhere exciting. Somewhere unexpected. Just an experiment. Something to break the cycle and put some spontaneous bumps in the road. Au revoir mes amis! Bon soir.

No comments:

Post a Comment